Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ?
(03-31-2019, 05:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: To me, all those playoff losses, the prime time meltdowns, getting owned by Pittsburgh all fall on poor coaching (IE Marvin Lewis).

Now granted, the bengals are owned and managed by incompetent nitwits. But you can’t argue with the fact that this team has been to the playoffs 7 times and won the AFC North 3 times. All despite this horrific front office (maybe they got out of their own way just enough for small amounts of success to happen, I don’t know).

Anyway, we’ve had super bowl contending teams with this same front office. It came down to poor coaching when it counts. Point being, I believe this team can win it all even with the Brown Family Circus calling the shots. It all comes down to Zac: his roster, his overall game management, etc.

We've had teams with a roster capable of competing for a SB maybe 2-3 times under this management team in 27 years. Something like all but 5 teams in the NFL have been to the SB over that span of time.

It did come down to poor coaching at times during the playoff losses, and not just Marvin. Our defenses melted down. Look at the stats for the 2015 playoff loss. We gave up A LOT of rushing yards to the Steelers who were without Bell and had 2 guys they signed off the street rushing. The front office also chose to not address glaring weaknesses a lot of seasons such as getting a MLB who could cover a TE. Getting a capable Center, etc.

It's tough to win here. The same things Coughlin said 15 years ago when he interviewed ring true.

Plus, coaches have to scout heavily. It's hard to create a new playbook and evaluate the entire roster when you are out scouting.

Plus, MB, Katie, Troy, and Duke all supposedly meet with Zac Taylor daily. Sounds like micromanagement. How do you get an infusion of fresh ideas and culture change when the people who created that culture are all that heavily involved?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ? - THE PISTONS - 03-31-2019, 06:11 PM