Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(03-31-2019, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The offense was equally as bad against KC and NO. We scored 10 points against KC and 14 against NO. Not going to win many games with that kind of production.

Those teams hung a ton of points on most of their opponents all season. Some teams like LAR and NE could actually match their scoring though.

The Saints had their best scoring game and 3rd best yardage game against us.
The Chiefs had their 2nd best scoring game and their best yardage game against us. 

Our offense was able to overcome 36 point (Falcons) and 34 point (Bucs) games early in the season, but by the time KC and NO rolled around, we didn't have the horses. Besides, you shouldn't have to hang 50+ to win. The offense has it's issues, but our defense was beyond atrocious last year. Offense is the only reason we had a 5-3 start last year. 

(03-31-2019, 09:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, I’m getting almost as tired of hearing about the “first 4 games” as I have been about 2015 for the past few years...

We’re not the only team to deal with injuries. At some point the excuses need to stop, and we have to just admit we’re not a very good team. If a few injuries can totally derail the season then your depth is for shit.

Having Driskel as QB2 certainly cost us. We rely way too much on AJ. And counting on Eifert to be healthy is not very smart.

Agreed. The Packers won a Super Bowl with the most players on IR that year, and many of them were key players. 

We just didn't have the depth. We still don't.

(03-31-2019, 09:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  It's hard to talk up the first 4 games and blame the bad season on injuries and still claim that we HAD to fire Marvin.

Being totally honest, I don't think we lost last year because of Marvin. He proved that he could win with a solid roster, which is something we didn't have last year. It was just a good excuse to finally move on. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft) - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2019, 10:08 PM