Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(04-01-2019, 07:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I put a caveat that Marvin could win with a solid roster so long as it wasn't the Steelers, a Primetime Game, or the Playoffs.

To which I say, you give a solid roster and remove all games of any significance or pressure to ANY head coach and they will win.

The 2015 Steelers meltdown was crazy. We played terrible for 3 quarters then had the lead late.

Hill fumbled. People blame Marvin for that? I don't know. Should he tell his back not to fumble? Would it matter?

Then the Burfict and Jones personnel fouls. Is that on the coach? Burfict has had many personnel fouls through his career. I think it's more having volatile players to begin with. Nobody was able to control those 2. Not Zimmer. Not anyone. You build a roster with guys with red flags and you get that type of thing.

That's the one thing - During Marvin's tenure the roster was built with talented guys, but some were castoffs from other teams due to legal issues or some type of red flag. It's hard to win when you have several of these types of guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft) - THE PISTONS - 04-01-2019, 09:21 AM