Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(04-01-2019, 07:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I put a caveat that Marvin could win with a solid roster so long as it wasn't the Steelers, a Primetime Game, or the Playoffs.

To which I say, you give a solid roster and remove all games of any significance or pressure to ANY head coach and they will win.

Well of course. All I was saying is that Marv has proven he can go around 10-6 with a solid roster. 

Those 10 wins almost always coming in 1pm regular season games against opponents not named "Steelers". 

(04-01-2019, 03:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you're forgetting just how horribly bad QB#2 was last year.

No, I just remember how we gave up an average of 31.5 points in the games Dalton started. We went 5-6 with Dalton, including 37-36 over the Falcons and 37-34 over the Bucs. We were Fitzpatrick not starting and a last second TD pass away from starting 3-8.

We got lucky to pull some of those games out. With as bad as the defense was, we wound up getting the record we deserved. 

We have great skill position players on offense and a solid QB, but we have a lot of holes (and mediocre/bad players) outside of that. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft) - Shake n Blake - 04-01-2019, 03:54 PM