Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So much for "it's a manufactured crisis"..
(04-01-2019, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but I think there's a fair amount against it simply because who is pushing it. Likewise there's a fair amount of GOP supporting it for the exact same reason.   

As to me I'd defer to the officers tasked with securing the border. But we hear totally different things from each side. Personally I think physical barriers help. Although I would prefer a moat filled with sharks with lazer beams attached to their heads.

I heard a former border security official talking about this a while back. Essentially, physical barriers work in urban settings where response time is small. It helps give agents more time to respond by slowing down those crossing. However, in more open areas where response times are measured in hours, sometimes days, they don't have much effect.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: So much for "it's a manufactured crisis".. - Belsnickel - 04-02-2019, 08:22 AM