Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk
(04-02-2019, 11:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I honestly can't say if they will or not. 

Theoretically, the primaries will reveal whether the people will or not.

Based on this country's history, you'd assume that people would accept a woman before a black man (since woman are over 50% of the country, at this point), but that wasn't the case.

So if Democrats (and Americans has a whole) were able to accept a black man before a woman, I think it's possible that they'd do the same for a gay man before a woman (not equating being gay to being black, but that they are/were both seen as obstacles for a candidate.)

I think it may all come down to likability. Hillary was historically unlikable, even in her own party. Mayor Pete, at least to this point, is insanely likeable, perhaps even from both sides of the aisle (which could assist in picking up independents and anti-Trump Republicans).

It's too early to predict at this point, but I like Mayor Pete's chances.

The problem comes down to: who does party management support (that's how the Dems got stuck with HRC to begin with), and can that person survive Texas, NC, Ohio or Missouri. 

Charisma is worth a lot, though. Maybe it's enough to overcome prejudices. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - Benton - 04-02-2019, 11:28 AM