Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ?
(04-02-2019, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And they addressed their weaknesses. They had issues at Tackle and went out and got Whitworth. They brought Sullivan in at Center.

In the NFL, having top end talent is good...but you also need to minimize how many bottom tier starters you have. The Rams get this.

Fans look at our roster and see Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Mixon, etc and think WOW we are ready to win. But bad starters negate that.

Look at the defense: We had a pretty good defensive line and a pretty good secondary. But our LB's were terrible. They gave up some 1800+ yards receiving. That means that a QB has an easy dump off all day to TE's and RB's. That made the pass rush ineffective. Then our LB's couldn't tackle so teams ran all over us.

Now, IF you put a couple above average LB's out there, we likely have a Top 15 defense instead of the worst defense in the NFL.

I agree, but great coaches develop players and put them in a position to win the one on one battles. I saw some guys make great strides like Boyd, but I saw more guys regress or stay the same. Is it the player or the coaches developing them and keeping them employed when they don't perform? Let's see how Zac does. It is easy to blame it on the coach, I think it is a combo of both coaches and players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ? - Luvnit2 - 04-02-2019, 02:18 PM