Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
I think the EC is outdated and not useful.

It basically makes the votes of people in highly populated area worth exponentially less than those of people in lightly populated areas.

On both sides.

If you're a democrat in California, your vote basically doesn't matter, because the state is declared democratic before they even start counting votes.

If you're a republican in California, your vote basically doesn't matter, because the state is declared democratic before they even start counting votes.

You could say very similar things in the majority of the south and middle of the country in favor of the Republicans.

In addition to that, it basically reduces "important votes" down to...like 10 states at most. Particularly, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.

Why continue to have a system that literally devalues millions of people's votes every time the Presidential election comes around?

Eliminating it will also diversify the way politicians campaign, which I think is a good thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - CJD - 04-02-2019, 09:46 PM