Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-03-2019, 02:16 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Honest to God I wish that all the people who have such a huge problem with the way things work in this country would all just leave. I get that things aren’t perfect but the EC is a damn good system, put in place by people who knew what they were doing.

You do understand that the whole premise of "Make America Great Again" was that people didn't like the way things were working in this country, right?

(04-03-2019, 02:16 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: It’s sour grapes by a bunch of whiny entitled cry babies. Get over it! If you seriously cannot understand why having a couple large states’ populations determine the outcome of a federal election is a bad thing you shouldn’t even be allowed to vote.

Here's an idea: maybe work on appealing to more of the American public with your policies and then you wouldn't have to worry about this. In all but California and New York, the votes in the big states are very close. Yet with winner-take-all systems that isn't reflected. Even in those states where Trump got about half the votes Clinton did, shouldn't he have gotten something out of that? Instead, no EC votes. Republican voters in those states aren't being heard just like Democratic voters in other states aren't. Even with that, even with such disparity in those states, Trump closed the gap closer thanks to some other states that are heavily Republican, and we know a Republican can win the popular election because it has happened plenty of other times.

The EC removes the voices of some people and it makes the votes of some individuals be weighted more than others. That's un-American.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - Belsnickel - 04-03-2019, 08:32 AM