Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-03-2019, 09:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just a side note/rant here:

I do, sometimes, get tired of hearing that the Founding Fathers were somehow omnipotent and that they "knew what they were doing" so we can't change or challenge anything in the Constitution.

Would anyone take George Washington and put him in charge of the country as it is today?  Hamilton?  Any of them?

They wouldn't even know where to start with a country that look absolutely zero like it did in the 1770's.  Virtually every aspect of our lives have changed since then and that means new challenges and opportunities to evolve and grow.

Just because a decision was good for the time doesn't mean it will hold up over all time.  

That is not a vote for or against the EC...just an observation that if the argument is "well, that's way it always was and those guys knew what they were doing" that argument falls flat with me.

It's also kind of the definition of conservatism.
"commitment to traditional values and ideas with opposition to change or innovation."

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - CJD - 04-03-2019, 09:29 AM