Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-26-2015, 07:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So was everyone just really lazy in the early 1930's?  Is that why very few people could find jobs that paid a living wage?

We're not talking about the 1930's, here. What I'm talking about is a general unwillingness to work hard to improve one's position in life. Since you did bring up the 1930's.. At least at that time, those folks weren't afraid of a little hard work, many of whom came from an agrarian upbringing. How many of these chumps that are crying about raising a minimum wage do suspect have spent any time with some hand tools working dirt, or having to struggle to fix a piece of equipment in a hot field?

(05-26-2015, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  You honestly believe that every person in the US with an engineering degree is employed and there are still more jobs available than can not be filled with U.S. citizens?

Really?

Fred, what I believe is that in today's American Society there are a significant percentage of people that are unwilling to work harder than others. Even our most bottom folks in the US have it better than much of the World's population. How many people in other places do you think can be chronically unemployed, yet still have a car, cable tv, air conditioning, a smartphone, etc.? All while working minimum wage, or living off of a combination of work and subsidies.

Fred, you may be more educated than I, be able to state your arguments more eloquently than I (and you should, it is your job after all...), but no amount of rhetoric and pseudo fact presentation is going to convince me that upward mobility isn't reachable for those willing to try. Hard work, it's the way things get done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM