Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College pro days
(04-01-2019, 03:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: See, this is a first for me knowing this. I didn't know you had to get invited to the combine. I check out certain players highlight reels on youtube sometimes and may look them up when I see someone post their interested in this or that guy, but that's about it. I hardly ever get to watch the combine because just too damn busy. Anymore, I have to fight for time to watch the Bengals games in on Sundays. But that's a time when I make it very clear to all, The Dog is busy on Sunday. LOL

Yeah, too many players to invite all of them, lots of great players get left out every year.

I getcha on being too busy to watch the Combine. I always have to just go back and watch the highlights of it.

The 3 cone drill might be the best way to judge a players athleticism, quickness, hips and such. So i watch this drill a lot afterwards.

(04-01-2019, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with this.  I'm going to say that most coaches are already familiar with all of the top prospects heading to the draft, but what about finding guys for mid to late round picks?  Numbers on a piece of paper, a picture on a screen, or even a brief "highlight" video can only show or tell so much about a person.  Having an athlete that you hadn't previously considered catch your eye, as well as the ability to speak with him directly has to be a valuable tool for teams.

For sure Sunset, plus some players suck it up at the Combine for whatever reason and make up for it at their Pro Day.

I believe you can judge a player better on the field in games but you have to be able to count on them and you get to know the individual much better at their Pro Days. Also great players like Burfict go Undrafted at times cause of a bad Combine so you cannot put too much stock in the Combine, have to take it as a whole and know as much as you can.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
College pro days - HarleyDog - 03-31-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: College pro days - Au165 - 03-31-2019, 08:45 PM
RE: College pro days - jfkbengals - 03-31-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: College pro days - HarleyDog - 03-31-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: College pro days - HarleyDog - 04-01-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: College pro days - SunsetBengal - 04-01-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: College pro days - Synric - 04-03-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: College pro days - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-03-2019, 02:36 PM