Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-03-2019, 03:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No. But why is it important what state you happen to live in when you decide who is running the Federal government? At least with a popular vote, you'll know, for better or worse, the majority of the voters got the President they want. The alternative is what has happened in 2 of the last 5 elections, which is we get a President that most people did not want.

If both scenarios devalue the rural areas of the country, why is the rural area argument even brought up?

I'd add that those claiming this only because DJT won are ignoring that it happening once can be written off as an aberration. Twice in 20 years?  he start of a pattern/problem.

Add in that more people are more connected and aware now and you see a groundswell for changing a system that isn't giving consistent results no matter who won.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - GMDino - 04-03-2019, 03:41 PM