Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump backing down...on everything
(04-04-2019, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: BS.  I am the walrus spoke directly to me.  A walrus lives on land and in water, and neither one is truly home.  Following the summer of love, I didn't know where I truly belonged.  At home on the farm, or out west with the counter-culture.  As I was fat with big teeth it seemed neither wanted me.  Finally I admitted I was the walrus, but even that wasn't good enough and people yelled, "No you're not."  I couldn't even qualify as a walrus to these people.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-04-2019, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Me too and you're spot on with your assessment of him.  I didn't know that much about him as a person until I read that though.

Yoko, however, really believes she is an "artist" and there is nothing fake about how she "performs".  

I was born in 81 and my parents were a couple of ex pseudo-hippies with a sweet LP collection, so I learned a lot about culture and what not via music.  I remember asking my ol man why Yoko was allowed to scream during songs and what not and he said something to the tune of "Part of it is that he likes her and respects her art, and part of it is him wanting to see what he can get away with."  I also recall finding out what gay meant thanks to listening to Rocket Man by Elton John, hearing the part where he says he misses his wife, and asking my mom who Elton John's wife is to which she matter of factly replied that he is a homosexual.  I was like, 8 or 9 at the time and I was just like "Oh ok." So as far as I knew, gay people lived in big cities and wore ruby-studded platform shoes and made kick ass albums.

But back to my main point, the more I think about it, the more Lennon's off-handed quip about the Beatles being bigger than Jesus reminds me of Trump's "I could shoot someone" quip.  In both cases there is a certain amount of criticism and amazement at the levels of unquestioned popularity they're getting.  I guess it makes sense that we put a celebrity in the white house and I start drawing lines to another homophobic, misogynistic, and ultra-paranoid celebrity who had a thing for looking down his nose at his fan-base, though.

I can only wonder who is next?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump backing down...on everything - Nately120 - 04-04-2019, 09:53 AM