Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year?
(04-04-2019, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha, but at the time there wasn't any Lineman worthy of the 9th pick overall and sometimes you have to go for that talent. Not even you can say that John Ross is not talented. You cannot teach speed and i truly believe that once he gets that chemistry with Dalton and they get on the same page he could be electric for us.

It has sucked for me the last few years having to defend the guy but sometimes people forget that it is not his fault alone he was injured and in Marv's doghouse his rookie year. He shown that red zone threat ability last year with 7 TD's even if he didn't get the yardage. He simply hasn't been used right since he has been here.

I am looking to the future and if he can stay healthy i say he has his breakout year this season.

The 7 TDs does show that he has potential to be successful in this league. The low catch percentage takes away from that because there were 1st downs lost and drives stalled and the other WRs were able to haul in higher percentage of their targets, so it can't be placed all on the QBs, as I have seen some try to do.

His talent, that I can see, is speed. He was successful in short red zone routes, but route running between the 20's was off and out of sync. His hands sure weren't OBJ's. There's more to being a WR than speed. Jerry Rice was by no means a speedster.

The area I was most impressed by Ross with is one no one seems to ever mention and that is his blocking on running plays. Several times I saw him blocking down field for Mixon, so he wasn't taking those plays off that I saw.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year? - BengalChris - 04-04-2019, 06:31 PM