Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year?
(04-04-2019, 06:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The 7 TDs does show that he has potential to be successful in this league. The low catch percentage takes away from that because there were 1st downs lost and drives stalled and the other WRs were able to haul in higher percentage of their targets, so it can't be placed all on the QBs, as I have seen some try to do.

His talent, that I can see, is speed. He was successful in short red zone routes, but route running between the 20's was off and out of sync. His hands sure weren't OBJ's. There's more to being a WR than speed. Jerry Rice was by no means a speedster.

The area I was most impressed by Ross with is one no one seems to ever mention and that is his blocking on running plays. Several times I saw him blocking down field for Mixon, so he wasn't taking those plays off that I saw.

Great post, Ross definately needs to work with the juggs machine, too many drops and i will never make excuses for a WR quitting on routes, ever. But like you said he was blocking down field and hopefully that is a sign he is going to give it his all. Hopefully he works with Housh again this Offseason cause i did see a jump from his game even if it wasn't much of one.

We need to use him more on short slants, drop off screens and use his open field ability which is his strength. Dude is not just fast, he is extremely quick which is why i always compared him to a more classy Antonio Brown game wise. Obviously he has a VERY long way to go but that is what i see in him. Hopefully he brings it this season. Just has to stay healthy.

He shown that he can stay healthy a bit last year which gave me some hope.

The injuries are the most valid complaint about Ross. He cannot gain chemistry with the QB on the sideline.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2019, 06:38 PM