Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manager, Hitting, Pitching, Fielding
(04-05-2019, 11:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've never quite bought into the leader/enforcer thing much from press accounts. We really don't know enough to base this kind of talk on outside of what we might hear or read from the media. None of us are in the clubhouse, dugout day to day..
Plenty of fans we more than willing to see Scooter traded this past offseason for pitching and I'm not necessarily convinced he would have made that much of a difference. He's not known as a stellar defender, just a good hitter, but when the entire team is hitting anemically it's, well, anemic.. 
I tend to agree Bell has made a few odd moves I don't necessarily agree with, but they're not Price bad so far..I have a feeling he'll get a long leash though not as long as Price got..
One thing about manager moves is if they work he always looks like a genius. When they don't he always looks like an idiot.. It always works like that though..
The IF Senzel stays healthy might be a tad misleading because if everyone else starts hitting their weight the lineup's set and Senzel gets yet more time in Louisville. I'm actually OK with that because we still don't know how he'll fare with big league pitching nor as an everyday CFer ..as has been pointed out many times over many seasons spring training doesn't count.. The only thing that counts is the regular season and post season. Currently this team has some defensive liabilities. They really don't need more liabilities defensively and with precious actual CF experience you really have to count Senzel as a liability until proven otherwise. I'm also OK keeping financial control over him for an additional year. Who wants to see him become a big star only to leave the following season in free agency? (other than every fan of every other team)
I agree with you on the leadership thing, we aren’t in the clubhouse and don’t know theses guys. I’m just kinda putting together some things that I’ve heard radio announcers say about him and he does seem very vocal. He is a very mediocre glove but seems to shine with the bat, even in big spots. He may have played a part in these one run losses so far. I disagree with you about Senzel. I think he’ll be up here and playing regularly. Shebler isn’t that good defensively to start with. The guys from the Dodgers are both on one year deals, that should be a huge factor in play time too. I’m assuming that one side f the top priorities would be to start next season with Senzel established at a position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manager, Hitting, Pitching, Fielding - Circleville Guy - 04-05-2019, 02:36 PM