Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manager, Hitting, Pitching, Fielding
(04-05-2019, 12:53 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s only been 6 games and the end results have not been good yet. It seems like Bell seems to overmanage and makes some head scratching moves. It’s like he’s worried that every position player has to play in every game, regardless of where he shoves them in at. His moves are under a microscope though because the hitting has been horrendous. The bats will come around but losing Scooter early was a big loss. As a whole, this pitching has looked so much better. They gave up 40 runs after 6 games last year. The 19 they’ve given up so far should be worth a couple of more wins. The fielding is as bad as I expected and it will eventually lead to many unearned runs this year. The hitters will eventually heat up and I do believe this is still a solid .500 team. If Senzel can stay healthy, he will help a lot. I tell you what, I know that Votto has been a good hitter but I really wish that he was a good leader. Every good team needs a true leader and I’m not sure who that is with the Reds. Scooter may be the closest thing on the team to a leader, with maybe Kemp being an enforcer. The bats will warm up, hopefully the fielding and fundamentals get a little better too. Bell really needs to lighten up a bit and not try to micromanage. What are you guys seeing so far?

Yeah, I am trying to not to judge by 4% of the games, but he does look a little bit lost. Still plenty of time, tho. I'm much more concerned with terrible bats in the OF. 

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manager, Hitting, Pitching, Fielding - Hoofhearted - 04-05-2019, 02:37 PM