Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Fanspeak New Era Mock
(04-05-2019, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like a lot of this.

I'm even ok with Haskins. I have reservations about him being a "one-year wonder" and some nervousness of his ability to stay poised and perform when pressured, but he has very good accuracy and arm strength when he can stay clean. He reminds me somewhat of Carson Palmer. Does his best work in the pocket but not very mobile. He may underperform until the Bengals can get a good enough line around him.

The way you phrase it in OP is you would expect 4th rounder Max Scharping to come in and start at RT from Day 1? Is he that kind of prospect? From what I've researched, he has good potential and played well in college but he played in the MAC. There might be some growing pains with the jump in competition. Also, I just noticed...he has the same arm length as Jonah Williams, so if people think Jonah Williams can't play OT in the NFL due to length, I'd imagine they do (or should) have reservations on Scharping sticking outside in the NFL for the same reason. I'd be fine with Scharping as a mid-round selection.

I do not get to caught up in what conference players played in. I believe there are indicators if they are a good football player or not and I feel like when you watch Scharping you can check most of the boxes that you want checked. I would question him playing LT at the NFL level. I think he could if he can continue to develop his game but I would have no reservations with having him at RT as soon as possible.

The questions I have heard in regard to Jonah Williams at OT in the NFL have more to do with his overall frame rather than just his arm length and or wingspan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Final Fanspeak New Era Mock - OSUfan - 04-05-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: Final Fanspeak New Era Mock - OSUfan - 04-05-2019, 03:57 PM