Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of you listen to Locked on Bengals Podcast?
(04-06-2019, 10:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think QB should be thought about next Draft. There are a couple good QB's in this draft but you never know. All of them could bust, bad class for QB's, the only one that looks special to me is Murray but he is small and has had weird interviews.

One year of production with Haskins and is not a good passer when his feet are not set and he is not the most accurate deep ball passer...

Sounds like Dalton according to you over the years Cornerblitz.
I'm not advocating that we should draft a QB as I think one of the blue-chip guys on defense (Both Devins, Ed Oliver) would be hard to pass up but if we expect the Bengals to take a leap under Zac Taylor, when is the time to draft a QB? The only way you should expect the Bengals to be in the race for a QB next year is if the team turns into a dumpster fire. There's too much talent on the roster for them to go 3-13. Dalton alone gives us 5 or 6 at least. Unless we're banking on a Russell Wilson being there in the 3rd. I actually think a guy like Will Grier might give that type of value there.

So if Haskins falls at 11 I think they should pull the trigger as that might be the last chance to draft a blue chip QB. If Daniel Jones is there in the 2nd I think they definitely would take that chance if ZT likes him enough.

And I understand the flaws with Haskins, but I think there's more of a chance you can correct his problems than you can a 31-year-old QB. Even if Haskins turns out to be a slightly better version of Dalton, I don't think that's a terrible pick. Plus you have his rookie contract to take advantage of and we all know the recent trend of teams having QBs on rookie contracts so they can use the cap space to make a run for a SB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any of you listen to Locked on Bengals Podcast? - Whodey614 - 04-06-2019, 10:54 PM