Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
What have the Bengals been doing right.
(04-07-2019, 10:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great point, a lot of little changes can add up to a lot of improvement.  Many fail to acknowledge all of the little improvements, simply because they didn't see the one, huge, monumental signing or acquisition that made big, public news.  A big, splashy signing is great, when your roster has only one hole to fill in order to be a serious contender.  But, when there are at least a half dozen positions that need improvement, you need to upgrade the overall quality of your roster stock, before adding a marquis player will make that big impact on wins.

Normally I agree with you, but I don't think anyone wanted a mega signing. A mid-tier signing or two would've done just fine. A true upgrade. Tbh, I'm not sure how much we truly upgraded this roster. BW Webb? John Miller? I guess those were minor upgrades to Redmond and whoever our 4th CB was. When you're coming off of 3 straight losing seasons, I don't think that's getting it. 

I sense no urgency with those signings. Feels like a typical ho-hum day at the office.

I agree on the cuts though. Props to them for doing the right thing. That's something we couldn't count on in the past.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have the Bengals been doing right. - Shake n Blake - 04-07-2019, 10:56 AM