Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Will Rehab All the Way Through Summer
(05-26-2015, 07:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Travis Kelce had micro-fracture surgery in October '13 and was full go when training camp opened at the end of July '14. That's about a 9-10 month turn around. Now, all surgeries/injuries are not the same, but using that time table for Burfict puts him back some time around end of Sept/early Oct. so, pup might be a realistic possibility. Get him back for the week 7 game.

Yes, and having a surgery in October is a big head start on the healing process, compared to having it in January.

I'm glad that you brought up the Kelce example, as you mentioned, he was full go by training camp. By the time that Vontaze is ready to go full-go, TC will have long since passed. I just think that when athletes don't get that acclimation period to prepare their body for what is about to come, particularly after a serious injury/surgery, what you get is an unprepared body jumping into the action when everyone else is in physical peak for the year. Kind of like what we had with Geno Atkins, last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict Will Rehab All the Way Through Summer - SunsetBengal - 05-26-2015, 08:36 PM