Poll: (Read post before voting) How big would the popular vote gap have to be for you to call for the EC's abolishment?
I want to abolish it no matter what
1 vote
1,000,000 votes
5,000,000 votes
10,000,000 votes
25,000,000 votes
I will always support the EC
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College?
(04-06-2019, 03:00 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL.....parse language because you can't make an intelligent rebuttal.

The point wasn't an intelligent one. You contradicted yourself, which is what I was pointing out. Also, you're either/or scenario was illogical.

(04-06-2019, 03:00 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Maybe re-read the Constitution before you make that argument.  You're another person who rejects the EC because you don't seem to understand why or how the EC works.

I am basing my statements off of the Constitution. The president does not oversee the governors, the position is not the leader of the states. The president is the executive in charge of the federal bureaucracy. That's what the Constitution says. As for how and why the EC exists and works, we have hashed that out throughout this thread. You're choosing to ignore that is noted and your dismissal of any actual evidence is discouraging.

(04-06-2019, 03:00 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Beside the point, only an idiot thinks this issue had anything other than to do with votes, on both sides.

And here we see you devolve into personal insults. My guess is that you actually lack a firm foundation in your understanding of the writings of the founders, democratic theory, and how our government functions. You're not alone in that. I only suggest that instead of being blindly dismissive of the people who have studied this and done research on the topic, that you ask questions. Closing off your mind to knowledge is never a good thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: How big of a vote gap would it take for you to drop the Electoral College? - Belsnickel - 04-08-2019, 08:57 AM