Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
What have the Bengals been doing right.
(04-07-2019, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Leading up to free agency I kept saying that we should not panic if the Bengals don't make any big name signings.  I kept pointing to 2011 when we rebuilt our defense by signing three new starters in free agency.  They were not top tier players, but they were all solid starters with some history of solid production.  They were not the top guys, but they were not the bottom either.

However this year's free agency was seriously one of the weakest ever.  Webb could not even make an NFL roster in 2017.  Miller was a starter but a bottom tier starter.  Hart was a guy we were wanting to replace.  These guys are not even "has beens" that we hope to get another year out of or guys coming off of injuries.  These guys are "never beens".

Agreed. I've been saying all off-season that I'd withhold judgement on the coaching hires until the staff was complete. Then even after that, I said a good free agency could make up for the lackluster staff. Instead we had possibly our worst free agency in many years IMO.

I loved the Zac Taylor hire, but it's been all downhill from there. We do have the draft, but so does every other team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have the Bengals been doing right. - Shake n Blake - 04-08-2019, 05:03 PM