Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-12-2019, 11:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed. (And did above.) But the rest of the quote you posted (I still haven't watched the video) clarified.

So we're back to arguing how the message was presented (croissants vs labor for example).  I agree that's a bad way to say what she apparently meant.  No problem calling that part out.

I posted DJT's statement because the post that I replied to about Omar actually made a Hitler reference in relation to her statement.  That's hyperbole.  And I used DJT becuase he was defending a group of White Supremisct Nazi's that just had just marched with torches chanting against Jews and then one ran over and killed someone.

Maybe my anti-nazi stance is too strong?

Can I not say one of her statements was wrong, the other was correct and that if someone has a problem with one part that they should at least acknowledge the second part?

If DJT had clarified that he meant "good people on both sides of the argument to keep or get rid of the statues" just not the nazis that got the headlines I'd have still condemned his dumb answer but understood at least he corrected it.

To use Trump as another example he gets a ton of mulligans when people "clarify" what he "meant".  Omar did it herself.  So she rightfully gets called out for an awful statement but then she explained it.  We all carry on then.

But to you point about "the other side" she is used to detract by the other side.  And her BEING Muslim just plays into what she said has happened.

It's not that I have "no problem" with what she said.  I just looked at everything she said. (As presented to me. I will have to watch that later since it caused such an uproar.)

To be fair "Note: I am not defend what she said because I didn't hear it yet." isn't really condemning her, and this isn't like AOC using a pastry comparison and us bickering about the meaning of it. This is about someone in an esteemed office dismissing the magnitude of the greatest attack ever committed on American soil. 

Without even reading her comments, you jumped into "is this only because she's a Democrat". We agree on a lot of issues, and we both dislike the depths the office of POTUS has sunk too, but we should still try to uphold these desired standards across the board.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - BmorePat87 - 04-12-2019, 12:18 PM