Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-12-2019, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: first of all people need to realize that the members of CAIR are victims of 9-11 also.  They all know what happened on 9-11.  Omar could have used a better phrase, but I don't see it being a big deal.  

Just curious, but when you guys talk about 9-11 do you say "9-11" or do you say "the day Muslims murdered over three thousand Americans" or "the deadliest act of terrorism ever in US history"?

At least she was not claiming that on 9-11 there were some "good people" among the terrorists.

#whataboutism

(04-12-2019, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is her quote

"CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,"

How many of you would be squealing "racism" if she had said this instead?

"CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,"

I think this is just much ado about nothing.

Yeah.  I remember at the Holocaust museum when the tour guide was telling us about Auschwitz where, "some people did something". 

(04-12-2019, 12:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think anyone would have had an issue with her saying "because of 9/11". That's very different from saying "because some people did something". To even loosely imply that the two are comparable is just intellectually lazy. 

Just please do not feign moral outrage or expect anyone on the right to condemn anything Trump says if you're incapable of doing so for a freshman congresswoman. 

You're not leaving him with much here.

(04-12-2019, 01:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So none of us? Gotcha. 

Her anti-semitic label comes from her stance on lobbying from Israeli groups, not her 9/11 comment. I disagree that it's anti-semitic on the surface, but no one was calling her anti-semitic for the 9/11 comment. 

Precisely.

(04-12-2019, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My criticism of conservatives who do this is meaningless if it's not uniform. 

My hope is that some take notes. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-12-2019, 02:30 PM