Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-16-2019, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never asserted that that she did not refer to it.  What I said is that she was not talking about 9-11. 

She did not say "Oh let me tell you about 9-11.  It was just some people doing something to some people. that's all."  Instead she just referred to the events on 9-11 causing a backlash against Muslims in America.  She was not trying to make any expositive comment about 9-11.  Instead she was talking about the aftermath and its effects on Muslims in America.

Funny thing is that now this big stink has arisen no one dares just say "9-11" anymore.  Instead it has to be "one of the darkest days in our history" or "the worst terror attack ever on US soil" or "the day Muslims murdered over 3000 Americans".  If you don't believe me go look back through this thread.  everyone is afraid of "trivializing" 9-11 by just saying "9-11".

So.......do you or do you or do you not consider, referring to, talking about, discussing 9-11 (see what I did) in terms of "someone did something" to be trivializing the event? Why does everything have to be like pulling teeth? 

Maybe, just maybe trivializing the event made the backlash seems that much more unfounded.......Nah, that couldn't be it. she wasn't eben talking about it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - bfine32 - 04-16-2019, 10:07 PM