Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-17-2019, 01:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If a white person was discussing slavery and referenced it by saying, "some people did something to some people" then they would deserve the condemnation Omar is currently receiving for trivializing or minimizing what actually happened.  I also tend to think the backlash would be at least as intense, if not more so.

You're making a point that no one else has made in this thread and defending a position no one has assailed.  Trivializing or minimizing an event is the topic at hand, not a burden of guilt based on ethnicity for the sins of the past.

First paragraph. That's what you just did making sure to dig in and say we should be told it was some people and not all (that's what people do all the time, but you don't see blacks reacting like Republicans and Trump are to the notion). "some people did something not all people" is exactly what you are saying, and proves my point on the hypocrisy of the majority. The majority hates to be lumped together but lumps minorities together all the time.

Second paragraph is what Trump and Republicans are spinning it as. Her point was that you can't blame all Muslims (like Republicans and Trump do) for what a small minority in the grand scheme of things did on 9/11. No one disagrees with what she is saying. Republicans just think it's ok, while minorities don't like to be lumped together all the time, and so Republicans and Trump attack, because they want you to fear (and hate) all Muslims.

Take illegal immigrants for example. Less than 5%of all crime in America is committed by illegal immigrants. You want to guess who commits the most crime? Exactly. But we don't lump them all together as rapist, drug dealers, etc.

And good. Anyone arguing they should be (attacking Omar) I think should be chastised. Or "castigated"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - jj22 - 04-17-2019, 02:09 PM