Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-17-2019, 02:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: First paragraph. That's what you just did making sure to dig in and say we should be told it was some people and not all (that's what people do all the time, but you don't see blacks reacting like Republicans and Trump are to the notion). "some people did something not all people" is exactly what you are saying, and proves my point on the hypocrisy of the majority. The majority hates to be lumped together but lumps minorities together all the time.

No, you're literally making a nonsensical point here. 

Quote:Second paragraph is what Trump and Republicans are spinning it as. Her point was that you can't blame all Muslims (like Republicans and Trump do) for what a small minority in the grand scheme of things did on 9/11. No one disagrees with what she is saying. Republicans just think it's ok, while minorities don't like to be lumped together all the time, and so Republicans and Trump attack, because they want you to fear (and hate) all Muslims.

Her point isn't in dispute, the way she made it is. 

Quote:Take illegal immigrants for example. Less than 5%of all crime in America is committed by illegal immigrants. You want to guess who commits the most crime? Exactly. But we don't lump them all together as rapist, drug dealers, etc.

And good. Anyone arguing they should be (attacking Omar) I think should be chastised. Or "castigated"

Omar's statement trivialized one of the worst single events in this nation's history.  She then compounded this error by failing to acknowledge it or own it and further minimized it.  I get it, you disagree, which is fine. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-17-2019, 02:18 PM