Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/conservatives-upset-the-good-fight-wants-you-to-punch-nazis_n_5cb48a84e4b098b9a2d72ee2

We had a thread in which this topic was discussed when the Richard Spencer getting sucker punched event initially occurred. We now have a major network devoting air time to the endorsement of "punching a Nazi" and how it's not only acceptable, it's necessary. Of course, you'll find exceedingly few people who sympathize with Nazi ideals in this, or any country, and very few people would feel bad for one that got hurt. Unfortunately, the words Nazi and fascist seem to get thrown about rather blithely by some and frequently end up meaning "someone who's opinions I don't like". Even if this were not the case, the idea that words or opinions justify physical violence is in direct contrast to one of the bedrock principles of this nation. Who gets to decide what person's views are extreme enough the physical violence against the person is acceptable? At what point does a political difference become a metaphysical assault so severe that a physical response is needed?

I have to say, this whole clip sickens me. Saying you can't punch a Nazi because of their opinions is not an endorsement, tacit or otherwise, of their beliefs. For a major network to be advocating violence against people for their political view, regardless of how abhorrent, is a very bad sign. I would hope that we all here recognize just how dangerous a concept is being advocated here and just how vile CBS's little public service announcement is.

Messages In This Thread
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-17-2019, 06:13 PM