Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-17-2019, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-White-House-bans-CNN-reporter-from-press-conference?highlight=white+house+bans

You're welcome to read the waffling at your leisure. You started with 'there's no proof the POTUS did anything' and transitioned to "POTUS is trying to host the President of the EU and work out a possible trade deal. Why the hell would we want someone interrupting this by asking questions about Russia?" and then "My desperation aside. I clearly stated in post #8 of this thread my opinions on him banning her; I cannot speak to Trump's motivation. I just introduced a recent news story germane to the topic of the OP. But how liberal of you to attack me instead of the words the lady said. "

That's not what you meant. Unless you're trying to pass off the 9/11 attacks as confidential info.

For a POTUS? Yeah, I would hope we'd have a cooler head and a better guide than someone who doesn't really even speak to the issue, just criticizing a peaceful protest of something he ... judging by comments like "they make a fortune doing what they love"... doesn't understand.

I've got little to no issue with Gaetz or Cruz calling for boycotts (although in Cruz's case I'm not sure he has), other than the fact that I don't think boycotting the NFL is fair in regard to how some teams handled the situation. Penalizing teams that didn't have kneelers would be as unfortunate as penalizing all media for partisan propaganda agencies.

End of the day, reps like Gaetz are representative of their people. If his people don't like what he says, they can vote him out. The POTUS is a different entity. Hell, the majority of people didn't even vote for the guy, but he still speaks for everyone. That's much different than speaking for a (relatively) tiny minority.

We really should focus on the subject instead of the poster (mods hate that), but if I must defend myself: You could have just saved a lot of time and admitted I never suggested I was OK with POTUS preventing any media agency from doing their job, but have 0 issue with pointing to specific agents.

Quick question: Did AOC call out the person that wrote the article or chose to throw the baby out with the bathwater? 

But let's add you to the rest of folks that know what I meant. No one should have a monopoly on that.

But we'll end it with our disagreeing on should elected officials advocate boycotting of private businesses because they don't like the way they operate.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - bfine32 - 04-18-2019, 12:23 AM