Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-17-2019, 08:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Defending a Nazi, or anyone's, right to have an opinion, however vile, without being subject to violence is absolutely worth defending.  Don't dissemble here, do you think it's OK to use violence against anyone because of their words or opinions?

"Violence is never the answer" that's about as clear and concise as I can say it.  And I said it in the post you quoted.  Don't be dishonest.

"Defending a Nazi" was in relation to the idea that your post was NOT defending nazis as it should not have been.

(04-17-2019, 08:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A huff?  Seriously?  A major network advocates violence against people because of their politics and you don't think that's important?

Yes...a huff.  It's a fictional show. Are to stop all forms of fictional media from saying anything "we" disagree with or that "might" incite violence?

(04-17-2019, 08:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How about not punching anyone because you don't like their opinions ever?  Point blank, as you disturbingly seem to be defending violence against people because of their opinions, words and thoughts do not justify a violent response, ever.  Abhor these people, call out their sickening ideology, counter their arguments with yours but physically attacking them is not OK, at all.

You post said your bigger problem was that some people get called nazi and fascists when they are not.  

Quote:Unfortunately, the words Nazi and fascist seem to get thrown about rather blithely by some and frequently end up meaning "someone who's opinions I don't like". Even if this were not the case, the idea that words or opinions justify physical violence is in direct contrast to one of the bedrock principles of this nation. Who gets to decide what person's views are extreme enough the physical violence against the person is acceptable?

I am not for violence at all. You brought up the subject of real nazis versus just those accused of it.

To the bold:  If you wish to ignore my one, simple to read statement that "violence is never the answer" I can't continue this discussion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - GMDino - 04-18-2019, 08:50 AM