Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-18-2019, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't consider "speaking out against" to be "taking an action".

Speaking out only helps if the issue can be resolved by swaying the position of voters/consumers.  Without the actions taken by consumers or lawmakers elected by voters there is no change.

So in this case "speaking out" is a cop out.  It is doing nothing.  And I consider inaction in the face of something wrong (within my sphere of influence) to be the same as a bad action.

Call it a "cop out" if you will but as an elected official I do not feel it would be my place to advocate to my constituents to boycott an organization because I feel strongly opposed to them. I would let my displeasure be know both to the public and the organization, but asked if I advocate boycotting I would state "That's not my role". 

Who knows maybe your action is bad action depending on your political bias. Perhaps I think CAIR is a terrorist organization by hosting such an event and allow such inflammatory words be spoken at their events. What should I direct my constituents to do?   

Are you cool with POTUS calling to boycott NFL games because he feels they allow players to disrespect the Nation and Flag? He most likely thinks not calling for it is inaction and thereby bad action.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - bfine32 - 04-18-2019, 04:36 PM