Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-19-2019, 12:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What an abysmally misguided take on this thread.  I think you do more to normalize abhorrent viewpoints by banning or threatening them then by giving them the ability to profess their view points.  

It's not a defense, it's a byproduct.  Even if there was 100% assurance that no non-Nazi would ever be punched I'd be making the same point; that responding to words with violence is both wrong an unAmerican.

Then you must love this thread as that's not what's being advocated for here.  Anyone who is physically attacked for their words is a victim of unwarranted violence though.  How about Farrakhan, can a Jewish person punch him in the face because he's a virulent antisemite?  How about a black lives matter protester who, although in the minority of that group, is advocating killing police officers, can a LEO run up and punch them in the face?  The answer to all of this is no, and Nazis, Islamic extremists, Westboro Baptists, Nation of Islam can, and should, all profess their abhorrent beliefs in this country without fearing for their physical safety.

Uh, I figured you were more a student of history than that.   Nervous  

Seriously though even the POTUS disagrees.   Smirk

Even more seriously anyone "can" do anything.  I'd have to imagine (without doing any searching) that courts have said a punch or violent reaction to being threatened was not punishable.  And that is probably on a case by case basis.

That doesn't mean it is right.  And it doesn't mean I agree with it.

Violence is never the answer in my opinion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - GMDino - 04-19-2019, 12:38 PM