Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Rose After Three Days?
(04-22-2019, 04:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not that it really matters because Jesus rising to save us all is what matters, but this was bugging me (like lots of pointless thoughts do):

If Jesus died on Friday, rising after three days means that he would have risen on Monday, not Sunday.

I've done some research and found different explanations, like the Jewish weekly calendar being different, and a few other possibilities, but does anyone have a simple, logical and accepted explanation?

Like I said, it doesn't really matter, but it's just one of those things that hits me like "have people just not even thought about this for 2,000 years?"

Am I the only one that's ever thought about it?

Let me make sure I understand your questions correctly.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.  A guy walks into a desert ex nihilo, fathers himself with a virgin mother already betrothed to another man, dies on a Friday, then comes back to life three days later like its an episode of The Walking Dead Sea Scrolls. And the only thing you're a little curious about is whether it happened on a Sunday or a Monday?  Like maybe they just miscounted the numbers of days he was dead?  That's the only thing that makes you pause a beat and think, "Hmmm, I wonder. Sunday or Monday?"

And your follow up question is, did anyone ever think about this before?

Oh, an you're hoping for a logical explanation.  Does that about sum it up?

Because if it does, I have a simple and logical explanation for you.  You, my friend, are a witch.  Because obviously you wouldn't be asking these sorts of questions if you weren't.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

But, some people say it was a miracle.  I don't know.  You tell me.

Messages In This Thread
Jesus Rose After Three Days? - BFritz21 - 04-22-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Jesus Rose After Three Days? - GMDino - 04-22-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Jesus Rose After Three Days? - jj22 - 04-22-2019, 05:46 PM
RE: Jesus Rose After Three Days? - Yojimbo - 04-22-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: Jesus Rose After Three Days? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-23-2019, 01:25 AM
RE: Jesus Rose After Three Days? - Au165 - 04-24-2019, 08:36 AM