Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Dueling Mock Drafts
(04-23-2019, 12:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So I like the 2nd one also.  Where I might differ is taking Little 2nd.  Not that I disagree with it, but what the other options were at DE, DT, QB, WR, TE, and maybe S.

I figure the OTs available at 42 were Little, McGary, Howard, Cajuste, Scharping, Edoga, Evans, and Deiter who is more of a swing player.  I think one of these will be available at 72, which would allow for another pick to happen at 42.  I don't mind the Little pick, but I still wonder if there will be good value at 72 with OT, and we could go another direction at pick 42.  Just a thought...Either way the draft sets up nice taking a LB first.

Yea, Cajuste was available in the 3rd round in that particular mock draft.

Some top players, other than OTs like McGary and Howard, that went between 42 and 72 were the likes of Jeffery Simmons, Dexter Lawrence, Noah Fant, Irv Smith Jr, Juan Thornhill and Chris Lindstrom (The link below the mock draft should show the entire 7 rounds).

So you could trade Little and Sternberger for one of those players and Cajuste. Also, if I didn't go Little, then maybe one of the others like McGary or Howard would be available, because the teams that drafted those players between 42 and 72 may take Little over them.

There's some flexibility there. I personally really like Little but I know he has some effort and footwork concerns as well, so one of the other players may be a safer pick.

Overall, if the coaches like a different OT more in that slot, they have the pick of the litter in many regards. I'd be happy with just about any of them. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - CJD - 04-23-2019, 08:49 AM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - sandwedge - 04-23-2019, 10:56 AM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - CJD - 04-23-2019, 11:03 AM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - SunsetBengal - 04-23-2019, 12:07 PM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - Goalpost - 04-23-2019, 12:34 PM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - CJD - 04-23-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: CJD Dueling Mock Drafts - psychdoctor - 04-23-2019, 05:13 PM