Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-23-2019, 01:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I didn't write that.  I suggested there could be more consistency and less selective outrage.  It's just my opinion.  No need to go all Shakespearean soliloquy on me.  Again.

I completely agree with you on this.

Quote:How were they disrupting his rally?  Words? Shouting? A picket sign? What were they doing which was so disruptive? That's an honest question because I'm not unaware of any behavior that justified Trump encouraging others to kick their ass.

If you're truly upset about others advocating violence I wouldn't expect you to split the finest of frog's hair to make that argument which gives me the impression you're more upset at who advocated violence rather than what they advocated.

I didn't say his statements or reactions or justified, in fact I said the exact opposite.  I am pointing out that there is a difference, not that that difference justifies or excuses anything.

Quote:Before we travel down the road of swappin' passive aggressive insults, can you do me the favor of making your point without passive aggressive insults such as "myriad obtuse replies"?  I know what you're doing.  You know what you're doing.  Is it really necessary?  You're like two posts away from calling me "your ilk" again because I shared a cartoon.  I'm not above it and more than willing to participate, but maybe I don't get myself banned on my first day back?  Okay?

I honestly apologize as my response was more in general than directed at you.  Seeing as I was, obviously, responding to your post it did come across as unintendedly personal to you.

Quote:Okay.  Where did I write CBS committed an oopsie?  I didn't. I agreed with your assessment violence shouldn't be advocated based upon what others say.  If sharing a cartoon and making a sarcastic joke while agreeing with you makes me guilty of whataboutism; fine, guilty as charged.  

Again, more directed to the general response to this thread from some and should not have been directed at you in such a way.  Again, I apologize.

Quote:Okay, I'll be sure to think twice and reconsider all the ramifications before sharing the next cartoon.

If you feel it's necessary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM