Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-24-2019, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the bigger question on everyone's mind is why do you need to try so hard to label him as a conservative? 

Breech and I agree on nothing, but if he can see SSF as central then why do you have to dispute it? Dude's just giving his opinion. IMO SSF turned more to the Right after he saw the Left loose their minds when Trump won. We used to never agree now we agree quite often. But this thread shouldn't be about the poster.  

You've hit on a salient point.  I can't be part of collective hysteria, regardless of the origin.  Also, I don't think I turned more to the right, it's just that the left veered far away from the center.  By default this pushed me further to the right while not actually moving at all.  Also, we agree on the same things we always agreed on, it's just that they weren't the topic of the "day".  While same sex marriage and gay civil rights were the hot issue we differed.  Now the hot issues are the ones we always agreed on.  

I think the key message is that extremism is going to turn off a lot of centrists.  As Jim pointed out, I have a lot of friends that would have been considered "California liberals" not long ago that have been completely turned off by what the modern left has become.  This, coupled with constant labeling as a conservative because they don't perfectly adhere to the current "progressive" dogma has actually made them more inclined to vote conservative.  There is a saying; the way you perceive people is the way you treat them, the way you treat them is the way they become.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-24-2019, 10:22 PM