Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-24-2019, 11:08 PM)hollodero Wrote: I always wonder why it's about the "hysteria about Trump" and not about "Trump" though.
Because I don't think my reaction to Trump is a liberal or conservative stance, but that of a sane person too.

Disclaimer, by that I do not question your sanity at all. That term's subjective anyway.

A very fair question.  Trump is certainly worthy of concern or consternation.  That being said, the daily expression of angst regarding his every utterance, gesture or idea is wearying to say the least.  Trump is bombastic, venal, childish and mercurial.  However, he does not commit the daily atrocities that many in the US would make you believe based on the severity of their reactions to him.  It's not enough for most that you simply don't agree with many/most of Trump's words or deeds, you must be dead set against him at every turn and a failure to do so exhibits, at the very least tactic, approval of his ever growing misdeeds.  

Put simply, you're either constantly outraged our you're a supporter.  I have no time for absolutists of that stripe, regardless of their ideological origin.  I was quite the iconoclast in my youth and I suppose I have a fair streak of it still residing in me.  The far left of today is the "moral majority" of my youth.  I enjoyed tweaking them and their self righteous indignation and I now equally (well maybe not equally as you enjoy nothing so much as you did in your youth) tweaking the indistinguishable in all but ideological bent "progressive" left.

When I was a kid it was the conservatives that sought to censor and had no sense of humor.  My how the script has been flipped.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-24-2019, 11:43 PM