Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-24-2019, 11:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Put simply, you're either constantly outraged our you're a supporter.

That's probably true (the perception I mean), and something I had to struggle with. I'm more or less constantly outraged. Not necessarily about every bit of news about him, but about the "old" stuff too. I would even make the case that spearheading the birther movement alone is reason to be outraged about this president. But as things stand, this episode is more or less irrelevant for my outrage, due to an excrutiating number of additional abhorrent behaviour of his. I do not see it as hyperbolic to put it that way.

And sure enough, from that perspective I see people reacting to the hysteria by almost reflexively siding against it. Be it because they are iconoclasts or because of a non-leftist ideology or whatever reason. Which sometimes seems inexplicable, gives the appearance of acceptance for Trump, or at least as if the critizism of the hysteria leads to throwing out the baby with the bathwater regarding Trump's actual deeds.

And I sure do agree that there also is hysteria, some quite cringeworthy even. But as I stated before (I think), that fact doesn't make Trump any better. I can just say that you and others often seem to give the impression as if it would. That's probably not fair at all to see it that way, but I find it hard to avoid that perspective at times.

(04-24-2019, 11:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When I was a kid it was the conservatives that sought to censor and had no sense of humor.  My how the script has been flipped.

Has it flipped though? I still see conservatives that way, it's just that the leftists have become the same in their own ways. And yeah I hate that too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - hollodero - 04-25-2019, 12:11 AM