Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi"
(04-25-2019, 01:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would say that reference point is different based upon the individual being annoyed.  I agree with you Trump is the more annoying of the two to me, but judging from SSF's reaction I'm not sure he would agree.

It really has to do with the fact that Trump is what he is.  I expect no better from him.  His most vehement detractors consider themselves above his type of behavior which is why it annoys me more that they engage in it.

(04-25-2019, 07:13 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's almost like SSF prophecized this. http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-8-Values LOL

This is honestly what I say a ton when it comes to SSF. I have said over and over that California Democrats have ruined him and that if he were out here in good ol' Virginia, he'd be fine with being a Democrat.

Very probably.

(04-25-2019, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Lastly SSF has been consistent about not being violent due to words or actions (others have not)  but I think this particular thread was an attempt to dig a "liberals" who hate nazis for some reason.  Just my opinion on it because I still don't see why a fictional television show equals a "PSA from CBS" saying its ok to punch a nazi.  And he got rightly roasted for that.  Now it's being used to "prove" his political views which it should not.

Fred accused me of getting the PSA comment from some right wing site as it's a "talking point".  Fact is I did not.  I watched the clip and it immediately reminded me of a PSA.  It is possible for separate people to view a clip and come to similar conclusions.  In fact, that this is exactly what happened in this case it rather lends credence to the perception that this came off as a PSA.

(04-25-2019, 10:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: stop dry handing it.

Always good advice.

(04-25-2019, 02:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: I was referring to a more objective, less emotional reference point. Anti-Trump folks might be annoying, but Trump is beyond annoying and annoyance shouldn't factor into it so much. Is what I'd say. As soon as Trump is seen as, quoting SFF ,"certainly worthy of concern or consternation", that to me would be a full stop. Trump's conduct is startling, unsettling, and in the end almost anyone (including SSF, though I sure don't want to talk for him) seems to have a similar take once the outer layers of the onion are peeled away. Everything beyond that, including liberal hysteria, I'd consider of secondary concern, and that is where I feel I differ from many.

As I said above, Trump is what he is, you can either rationally point out his myriad foibles and questionable, even inept, decisions or you can get down in the mud with him.  Far too many people who claim the moral high ground have done the latter.  The worst offenders have cried Nazi, dictator for life, democracy crumbling, Putin's punk so often and for so long before you stop listening to it.  I've made the "boy who cried wolf" comparison many times since the 2016 election and, if anything, it's gotten worse since then.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS says it's OK to "punch a Nazi" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-25-2019, 02:51 PM