Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-26-2015, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To answer the question posed to me. The "lesser sin" would be to raise the child "matter of fact; I wouldn't consider raising a homosexual child to be a sin at all.

Unfortunately, not everyone in the world have the same values as me.

So would you be OK if a woman wanted to abort a child because tests proved it will be born gay, just because she wanted to spare it a hard life?

I see a whole lot of perimeters coming on.

Before I answer your question I will state that I disagree with your premise.  Prenatal testing focuses on disease, e.g. birth defects, chromosomal abnormalities, genetic disorders.  Homosexuality isn't any of those therefore I don't believe the medical community will ever offer such a test.  Preconception genetic testing is also available to determine the risk for genetic disease within a couple.  Theoretically, a couple could be advised of their risk of conceiving a homosexual child and if the risk was too great for them they could act on that information by not conceiving.  Or they might choose to conceive knowing the risk.

To answer your question, not everyone in the world has the same values as me. Therefore, in your scenario I think the choice whether to undergo an abortion rests with the person or couple actually faced with making that decision. I don't believe it is my choice.  I believe it is their choice based upon their values, beliefs, and morals.  Not my values, beliefs, and morals.

If my wife and I conceived and prenatal testing revealed Tay-Sachs disease I would be in favor of terminating the pregnancy.  There are plenty of people who wouldn't be okay with that decision.  But, I don't think I should be ruled by someone else's religious beliefs.  That would be the Christian version of sharia law.

Does that answer your question?

God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil therefore they could not know the difference between right and wrong.  God knew they would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil before He even told them not to eat from it.  Before he even created the tree.  Before creation itself.  So why was He so mad when they did exactly what he knew they would do before they did it even though they didn't know the difference between right and wrong?  And because God has held a 6,000 year old grudge ever since he kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Evil everybody's life has been hard, not just a lone child.  Because that is the way He wants it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-27-2015, 01:11 AM