Poll: Is it okay for Christian conservatives to steal?
This poll is closed.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Illegal TV Streams Compatible with Conservative/Christian Values?
(09-28-2015, 03:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So there is a problem with your analysis.   If God, Santa, and the Easter bunny are the same.   Then explain why we grow out of believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny yet still believe in God....  

Maybe because God isn't the same as those.  And that's what scares you.   That's why you make such a fuss.

*sigh*

Since I have to expound on every simple sentence I construct in order for you to understand it (just like bfine), I will do it once again.

I never said "God, Santa and the Easter Bunny are the same". I said that we, atheists, do not "hate" God, for the same reason that you (presumably) do not "hate" Santa or the Easter Bunny.

Now, before the big reveal, read that sentence a few times and see if its meaning doesn't become apparent with a little reflection and thinking...

Couple more...

One more....

Still no luck? Mkay. The reason that people do not "hate" the Easter Bunny and Santa is because they do not believe that the Easter Bunny or Santa exists. The same reasoning applies for those who do not believe in God/s. They do not "hate" god, because they do not believe god exists. Nobody I've ever met hates things that they don't even think exists.

This does not mean all three characters "are the same". Only that people who do not believe in Santa/Easter Bunny do not hate Santa/Easter Bunny for the exact same reason atheists do not hate God.

Now that I've made it as exceedingly, redundantly clear as possible for you, do you think the average person should have gotten that point the first time they read my sentence, without needing the huge exposition I just provided to explain it? Is it time to look into improving your reading comprehension? I ask that sincerely, for the record, because I feel like it's kind of mean for me to keep accusing you and your bud of being deliberately obtuse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Illegal TV Streams Compatible with Conservative/Christian Values? - GodHatesBengals - 09-28-2015, 04:47 AM