Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams!
(04-26-2019, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He was good OT. He hasn't been for the past couple of years primarily due to injuries. However, it's not unrealistic to think the injuries are catching up to him and he can no longer be as effective on the left end as he used to. With that said, Glenn is currently one of the top 5 OL on the team, and he has experience at guard, so he doesn't HAVE to play LT.

I think the team should ultimately try this...
Jonah Williams at LT (his most experienced position and he was elite)
Clint Boling at LG (his best position)
Billy Price at C (he should be fully healthy now and if he struggles, Hopkins plugged in here)
Bobby Hart at RG (this was actually where he was projected to play leading up to the draft - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bobby-hart?id=2552335) or John Miller
Cordy Glenn at RT (his size and length would make him hard for a LDE to get around plus he has some power to be a road grader)

Glenn has basically been injured for parts of the past 3 years and before that he was Good, but now I'd say he's more Average to Below Average.

I did hear that Williams arm length is questionable for a LT. We saw people talk about Dillard having short arms, but Williams aren't much longer.

I'd rather put Williams in a spot to succeed early which is RT, then move him to LT after a couple seasons if he proves he can excel at RT. LT is a tough position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams! - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019, 10:27 AM