Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams!
(04-26-2019, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually think it looks worse as we could have used that money on another position.

We totally whiffed in free agency. With $50+ million of cap space, the only clear upgrade we got was a slight one in Miller at Guard.

I'd rather have not signed Hart and Miller and added a Saffold or one of the LB's.

We're gonna differ on that opinion, and that's fine of course.  I totally agree about Saffold, but there was a problem.  We had no tackles on our roster outside of Cordy Glenn.  I saw, and still see, the Hart signing as insurance.  If the draft had not fallen our way (and even if it did, there's no guarantees on any draft pick), we would be in even bigger trouble than starting Hart at RT.  After we see the details of the deal, Hart is not making the money that was originally thought, and there is a very team friendly, easy out.

The way it has played out thus far, we got a G, had a starter at T....no matter how bad, he still isn't Og/Fish bad....and we just drafted a potential stud a T, and Hart becomes a young and experienced swing tackle for the market value of a backup tackle. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams! - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2019, 12:39 PM