Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Bengal Draft: Pundits Review
(04-28-2019, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well they say Sample's receiving abilities were better his last year, and catching the ball can be taught by a good TE coach. Besides, we have TE's that can catch, when we put Sample on the end of the line, I think Mixon has huge lanes....

I brought this up in another thread. If you remember, Uzomah was drafted as a blocking TE. In fact, he hadn't even played the position much at Auburn. He has developed into a much better pass catcher. They said Sample is not a bad catcher, he was simply not utilized much that way in the Washington offense. Most TEs are not great blockers to start with. We got a guy who is already a refined blocker, who can also catch. So he will be an immediate asset in the run game, and not be a liability as an outlet in the short to intermediate passing game....or if Dalton needs to dump it quick due to a blitz.

Taylor also said that there was alot of chatter after the pick by other teams who were pissed, so he is fairly confident they got Sample in front of other teams who wanted him. Additionally, if Eifert gets injured again, and that probability remains high, we would still have two decent TEs in Sample and Uzomah to field. I am good with this pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Bengal Draft: Pundits Review - Beaker - 04-28-2019, 10:33 AM