Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we count the shooting at Chabad of Poway as a "mass shooting"?
(04-29-2019, 12:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Snarky?

Nope.

I acknowledged that there are those who don't want to count it because "crazy white guy" but I wondered if the body count mattered because, as I said, even one person killed is too many.  I was not "dismissive" of the event buy rather asked if others felt it was a "mass shooting" based on the amount of victims.

And you did answer my question about a bomb versus a shooting, so thank you for that.  I know there have been multiple discussion on the board about when to call an attack a "terror" attack based on the definition by the bodies that investigate and handle such things.

I didn't say you were dismissive of the event, but rather the idea that this wasn't a mass shooting. As for it being snarky and what not, that's how it comes across.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we count the shooting at Chabad of Poway as a "mass shooting"? - Belsnickel - 04-29-2019, 12:57 PM