Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-28-2015, 04:16 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: To you it doesnt, to many of the faithful it does.

I think the problem is that when someone says that evolution replaces God, that is based on ignorance. I'm not calling it that to be ugly, but because that's the actual word for it. The ignorance in in regard to Evolutionary Theory, what it states, what it actually explains, and how it fits into the world around us. We've had these conversations a number of times here before when discussing evolution. So many people do not understand Evolutionary Theory but they have been told things about it by others than don't understand it and so it becomes this enemy of the ignorant, as so many things do.

Evolutionary Theory's primary focus is that change occurs through generations. That's it. It's doesn't try to explain how life began. Doesn't have anything with the origins of the universe. It's just that change occurs through generations. Applying some critical thinking to the situation, one can come to the conclusion that evolution is merely an instrument of God's own doing. I hate to pull a quote from popular culture, but as it was said on Futurama "you know you're doing things right when it seems like you aren't doing anything at all". If you're an entity that wants followers to be faithful, why make your work obvious? That doesn't require faith to believe in that.

This was probably a bit rambly because I feel like crap, so my apologies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Belsnickel - 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM