Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(05-01-2019, 10:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know you're now being called a Republican because your stance on like 3 issues(?) so am I going to be called one too because I said her choice of words was awful and worthy of criticism?

This is exactly what liberals are critical of conservatives for, but here some people are doing it.

Oh, it's not just here that this happens.  Ideological purity is now demanded and any deviation gets you branded as the "other".  You'd be shocked, I hope, by the amount of calls for violence I've seen in the HuffPo comments section.  Hollodero disputed my assertion that HuffPo was the left wing version of Breitbart, rightly, at the time, pointing out how toxic the comments section on Breitbart is.  I don't see any difference in the two now.

What I do not understand is why the left has chosen Omar as a flag bearer, even by default.  I think it's pretty clear from her past comments about "white men" (while in the state legislature), her not so thinly veiled antisemitism and her trivialization of 9/11 that this is a toxic person and IMO, a very racist one.  Not the person I'd be defending regardless of how much her politics matched up with mine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-01-2019, 10:33 AM