Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(05-01-2019, 11:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was a speech on the history of the International Criminal Court

Your initial response to criticism of what she said was to admit you haven't read it yet and just blame the reactions on her being a Democrat. You then defended her as not being wrong and mentioned Donald Trump a few times and brought up that awful and bigoted meme that the person in WV hung up about her.

So you are the one who wouldn't say it was a poor choice of phrase/words and immediately took it to be criticism of her because of her faith in response to my criticism, bfine's criticism, and Dan Crenshaw's criticism. 

That's an interesting rewriting of what I actually wrote.

I did post the image ot DJT...with the caveat that I didn't know what Omar has said in context...and specifically asked if the people so upset would have been upset if she had not been a Democrat.  Specifically because those same people defended DJT when he said "good people on both sides".

That is not comparing what the two people said...it was comparing the people who defended one and attacked the other.

I never defended what she said except to say "in context".  I've said, repeatedly, it was a bad choice of words.

I then showed how as a Muslim she is attacked by the right and tied to 9/11.  That is true.

And I said, multiple times, that it was a poor choice of words and that the right's reaction was over the top.  Including Crenshaw who had zero problem with DJT's video of Omar's words juxtaposed with images of the planes hitting the Twin Towers.

And I maintain that the right has made this a bigger issue than it would have been had she not been a Muslim speaking to other Muslims.  Period.

That does not mean that criticism from you or bfine or Crenshaw, or anyone isn't justified.  I never said that.  I said some of the criticism is as over the top.  Still is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - GMDino - 05-01-2019, 12:11 PM